To ensure the nest results from your tattoo please follow these simple guidelines:
Keep the cover on for approximately 2 hours after your tattoo. Then wash the tattoo with very hot water but NO SOAP for at least 5 minutes , removing any excess ink, blood and Vaseline. (we recommend starting off with warm water and gradually reducing the amount of cold water in the mix). The hot water will open your pores and allow the plasma (white blood cells) to flow out and begin the healing process much more quickly.
Pat the tattoo dry with kitchen towel and leave to air dry for a few minutes. Avoid rubbing the tattoo dry.
Apply aftercare product to the tattoo and work into the skin gently.
Apply your aftercare product to your tattoo a minimum of 4 times every day until it is fully healed. Make sure that your hands are clean and that you wash the tattoo gently with warm soapy water and allow to dry thoroughly BEFORE applying aftercare product.
If you work in a labour intensive job such as building or scaffolding it is best to keep your tattoo wrapped while at work to avoid any abrasion or damage to the tattoo while it is healing.
Remember; KEEP IT CLEAN, KEEP IT CREAMED.
Follow these instructions carefully and you will have a smooth and easy heal for your new tattoo.
- Apply aftercare product 3-5 times daily until healed
- Keep your tattoo clean at all times
- Wear loose fitting clothing where possible to avoid abrasion
- Consult your artist if you have any concerns
- Go anywhere near sunbeds, swimming pools or saunas until your tattoo is fully healed
- Submerge your tattoo in water for long periods of time until it is fully healed; take showers instead of baths where possible
- Pick at any scabbing that occurs
- Scratch your tattoo: if it itches apply either some aftercare product or a cold compress
- Ask friends, family or GOOGLE for advice about healing your tattoo, Everyone has an opinion but not everyone has the correct knowledge.